October 7, 2008

Bitten by the baby bug...

The minute you get married, people start asking the next question: "When are the babies coming?" 

I guess you could say that I was bitten by the baby bug soon after we were married...it was just a matter of waiting until hubbie was ready. 

In March 2007, he and I had the baby talk again, but this time he caught me by surprise. We were in Gatlinburg, Tennessee on vacation with friends. We were staying at a gorgeous cabin for a week and it turned out to be a road trip full of memories. 

We happened to waltz into an Osh Kosh Bgosh, while our friend shopped around for her sister who was expecting. I couldn't help looking though all the cute baby clothes when I came across an adorable ladybug onesie. I turned to my hubbie and asked if we could please buy it for whenever we have kids. I figured we should get one for a boy too! We kept looking for a perfect pair when he turned to me and said, "You are ruining your birthday present." I didn't understand and my confused look spoke for itself. My birthday was only one week away. "I wanted to surprise you on your birthday. I want us to start trying to have a baby." My mouth hit the floor, and tears welled up immediately. I was overjoyed. 

A month later, I stopped taking birth control and it's been a journey. It's been hard not to share this with our parents, but we really want to surprise them when it happens for us! We know it'll happen in God's time. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

Awww I cried when I read this. What a beautiful story!