October 19, 2008

Sharing the good news!


So we were going to wait a few weeks, but we are very close to our parents and we wanted them to know so they could be our support system!

A few months ago, I designed 2 dog t-shirts for our labs. One said "I may pee on trees but mom peed on a stick +++" and the other "Mom's eggo is preggo." We walked in to my parents home and of course it was really dark (so you can't see their faces in the video!) They started chasing the dogs trying to read what it said and my mom read one out loud and said "WHAT! You're pregnant? Are you serious!?!" I nodded and they started screaming and crying. It was really emotional!

So then we all went to the in-laws house to surprise them! Unfortunately, they weren't home, but we let ourselves in. After an hour wait, they arrived and my parents hid. They walked in and read the t-shirts and thought nothing of it! "Oh that's cute!" they said. "You didn't get it. I'm pregnant!" They had this stunned look on their face and I pulled out my digital test. "Is this a joke?" We hugged and my family came out screaming. I think they were too stunned to even cry...although my father-in-law did get choked up while he gave a toast. 

I also had the chance to share the news with my best friend, who has been my confidant these past 6 months. She always knew how to keep my spirits up and was very encouraging! She was totally shocked and brought me to tears! I love you Nessa!

Hubby and I couldn't be happier and we're praying for a happy and healthy 9 months! 


2 comments:

Busy Vee said...

yay yay yay yay yay yay YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm so excited!!!!! i think it;s so funny that i almost yelled at you before the good news! LOL LOL

well here we go again bestie....yet another step in life shared!!! i just can't wait!

muah and PROPS to my boy OMAR!!!

Raquel said...

Aw, you didnt mention how i ruined the surprise of you telling me about the big news.

like i told you before, you both are going to be great parents (: i can't wait!!

luv ya!!