October 7, 2008

In the beginning...


I don't know why I didn't start a blog sooner! My hubbie and I have been married for almost 3 years (10.22.05) and soon it'll be a decade together!

I guess you could say we were high school sweethearts, but we didn't go to the same school. We met at church and became inseparable ever since. He popped the question on 9.23.04 and we tied the knot on 10.22.05. For those of you who live in South Florida, you might recall that Hurricane Wilma hit two days later. That week was hell for me. Between tears and family canceling out on us, we were devastated. But when Saturday came around, the weather couldn't have been more beautiful. It really went off without a hitch and we were so thrilled to have our loved ones share that special day with us. No matter what anyone says, I wouldn't change a thing. We overlooked the lit Miami skyline and it was simply breathtaking. The next day we left for our two week honeymoon in Italy - right before the airports closed! It was really amazing and I hope to go back again some day. 

We feel really blessed to have each other and our families have been really wonderful! We wouldn't be who we are today without their love and support. Now, almost three years later, we are in the process of buying our first single-family home - which you'll hear all about in this blog. We currently live in a cozy condo, but are happy to be moving on up! Our fur babies, Tego and Luna (lab mixes) will now have a yard to play in. And, of course, we're planning ahead and making room for our future family. 

Thanks for reading and welcome to my blog! 

Special shout out to my old classmate and friend, Jenny Lopez, who inspired me to start blogging!

2 comments:

La pintorerĂ­a said...

good look for your life, and keep this blog. :)

Jen said...

Yayyy Congrats and thank you for the shout out!!!! I can't wait to hear all it! Xoxoxoxox