November 13, 2008

Nonna, always in our hearts


My Nonna (that's grandmother in Italian) passed away Nov. 7. Although I know she's with the Lord, it's hard not having her by our side. I am so grateful to her for helping raise me in my younger years and for all the memories she leaves behind. She was a wonderful woman, hardworking and always serving others. She suffered of Alzheimer's, but lived a long and happy life.  My mom took care of her these last few years and I look up to her for that. I hope I can be half the daughter she is. 

I'm sad to see her go, especially now that I'm expecting. But people always say that with the loss of a loved one, another one is born. That couldn't be more true for our family now and I know that we will have an angel watching over us...and her name is Nonna. Love you always...

5 comments:

Busy Vee said...

you should def. post some pics of you guys. i know what you mean of watching your mom take care of her mom. when I saw my dad do it for his mother, i just hope I can serve them as well!!!

Mavi said...

I should post a pic..and I know exactly which one..I'll do it this weekend!

Raquel said...

your nonna was a wonderful woman! she's in a better place now and looking down on you, your family && ladybug (:

R.I.P Doña Maria

Jen said...

Mavi I am so sorry for your loss :(.

Nonna said...

Very well said and I know your words reached heaven. Nonna will be forevered remembered, loved and never forgotten. To me, she will live through your child; and that means the world to me. She always had such a special place for you in her heart and I know now that your baby is being circled by her and all the other angels. Love you Mavi, ladybug, and mama, forever and ever.